Saturday, October 6, 2007

Aquarium trip






So, we drove to Tulsa today to see the aquarium. It is about an hour and a half drive, and Drew is a car singer. The fourth picture down is literally how Cooper sat through the Andrea Bocelli cd. I actually turned it off after the first three songs. There is only so much one can take of Drew's "opera" voice.
The Aquarium was neat. Cooper really like to see all the fish. He is so busy and wiggly that I never really think he hears a word we say or learns a thing, but by the end of the trip Cooper was naming all the fish and other sea life in the gift shop! We were pleasantly AMAZED.
The weird trutles are turtles that are native to Okalhoma! They are 250 pounds, and look like Aligators or dinosaurs...something weird. I cant remember what they are called. Aligator turtles. The pictures are bad and I am sure no one cares, but trust me they were impressive. OOO, and they had a shark tank tunnel. THAT was creepy. Oh and we normaly dont go trapsing around in matching uniforms but today was the OU Texas game....and we WON. Because of our school spirit I am sure.



Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Trina said...

Um first of all CONGRATULATIONS!!
I can't believe it took you so Long to tell me!!! Yae!! I would love to hear Drew sing. Next american Idol I am sure. Aquarium, that is so cool and who knew Oklahoma had a native turtle. I didn't that is for sure. Lauren duh, I am going to hang along with you in October and it is Ocotober so when are you coming?

Trina said...

ya so e-mail me!

Swirls of Happy said...

What a fun day! I LOVE the matching outfits, and I LOVE the picture of your little guy plugging his ears...that is too funny :) Very cute post, and I love fish...I bet you had fun!

K Bailey said...

We've been a couple of times and it is neat! I wish there were more to do because of the drive and the cost to get in but the kids like it. And I agree-the shark tunnel is sorta creepy. Oh and the eels freak me out too!

Unknown said...

Lauren- he is soo cute! i love that he likes to sing in the car. I love the picture of him pugging his ears! Looks like fun!

Kirstyn said...

How fun for you guys. I totally want to go now. Your pictures are so good that they've convinced me. Way to sport the OU shirts. That's so cute. Blake was in Dallas, and I seriously forgot to have us wear ours. You can obviously tell where the loyalty comes from.

Kirstyn said...

Blake went down with guys from school. They drove down Saturday morning and stayed the night. They did it last year too. I guess it's kind of a tradition now. They're talking about doing it after they graduate too. Fun for me huh.

Brooklyn said...

WOw! That shark is SCARY! What a fun family outing! You guys are adorable!

akdoxey said...

OK- I'm realizing that I'm a little kid. I get so excited to take Leah to places like the aquarium and the zoo. I'm glad I have an excuse to go more often now.