Sunday, January 27, 2008

A few months ago I read The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass an American Slave. I loved it. It is such a quick read and was so inspiring. And sad. I would reccomend it to everyone, although I am sure at some point alot of you had to read it for school, somehow I didnt. Then last night we watched Amazing Grace, and I LOVED IT! I was about to just go to bed when Drew put it in, but stayed and watched anyway and loved it. It kind of goes along with Frederick Douglass's narrative nicely and was just really good.

8 comments:

Kirstyn said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I love good books that are true. So I saw you are selling your couch that you love. Why, if you love it?

Mylinda & Marshall said...

If I ever start reading, that will be my book of choice! Thanks for the referral! ;)

Paola said...

HEY! I've read that book! I think I even wrote an essay about it. So well written. I remember feeling so grateful that he took the courage to write that; if not...we'd be without it! Tragic. I'm glad you read it! Love ya! Oh, and I updated my blog girl!

tyalpabr said...

I can't believe how big Cooper is getting! He is such a babe!
I had a fun time at the shower too. We really need to get together more often. My family picture was taken in Utah during the Christmas break. I think she did a good job. Hey, my dad is a dairy farmer. My kids miss the cows and riding on the tractors. If you guys are ever in Utah - we totally would love to take Cooper around.

Swirls of Happy said...

I can't believe you only have 78 days left for your sweet baby girl! How exciting :) I will have to read that, I am always looking for good new books...I love to read!

Trina said...

When are you coming here? I need to have a shower for you! I will do it way cuter this time I promise!! Oh I am so excited! When are you coming here. Lauren It is gonna be great, a girl shower. Ahh. I am so excited!!!@!!!!!!!!

Trina said...

Did you already have a shower?

Amy said...

I think you are due for a blog update Lauren.