Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Port of Catoosa




We took a trip to Tulsa on Thursday so Drew could check out a practice in a small town called Muskogee. After doing that we drove around a bit in the neighboring towns to check things out and made a stop in my favorite town, Catoosa. It is a funny place. It is right along route 66 with like 4 neighborhoods, a big whale and a port. Yes a port. It is the furthest inland port in the united states..obviously. It is a beautiful town with dense forest and hills and cliffs, huge bridges over the river and of course, Cooper's favorite part, the whale. A guy built this thing for his wife in the 70's as a gift for their anniversary. Thanks Honey. The fins are water slides and there is a diving board off the tail. It was made into a public park shortly there after and it is just deteriorating now. It is great.
Then, Cooper has taken to burying poor Georgia in his clothes lately. If they are too quite, I always know what is going on. And she always does this winking thing when she smiles! Silly little girl!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jakeanddeana said...

I love it! I just wish I could see her in PERSON!!!! I tried to talk Jake into letting me go visit, but he didn't agree. . . now that he has the guilt of the saddle. . . maybe I should ask again! Are you guys going to Colorado anytime soon? Thanks for posting those cute pics of Georgia. . . is Tulsa looking more and more promising as your new home? Spence was talking of Coop just yesterday. . .bummer you guys are so far!

jakeanddeana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lyndsay Winters said...

That Georgia is too cute with that wink! I answered your questions in a comment a couple posts down in case you didn't check. Oh, and that Whale is Fantastic!

TheSweetMom said...

You went to the big blue whale!!! I'm so glad it's still there! Isn't it awesome! Brings back memories for me from when I use to live near there as a little girl. We drove thru Catoosa past the whale when going into Tulsa for trips to the mall! I'm glad you like that area as well!

Amy said...

That is tooo cute. I love it when older siblings try to play with the little ones.

Trina said...

What funny little town! I love your little kids

Anonymous said...

PS. Did you go darker?! I swear in these pictures you are darker?! Anyway, you're beautiful anyway your hair is! Love ya!