Saturday, March 20, 2010

Coop Story

So, my kids trash my car. Because they have to be entertained constantly to be happy, there is alot of snacking, toy throwing, book reading and such that goes on in my car. Cooper's backpack is dumped everyday, and the contents trampled on with usually muddy or wet shoes because we actually live in Seattle Oklahoma I think. But anyhow, the window next to Cooper has stickers all over it. (thanks to Cooper of course) Some half scraped off, some stuck on in all their glory. Almost every day as he sits down in his seat, he will look out his window and say, "Our car is old and dirty! We need a new car!!" (I think it is an '07, so really not that old, although he has been trashing it for going on 4 years now). I say "Cooper, it is not old, and it is only dirty because of you. Cars cost alot of money so we need to take good care of this car and keep it clean."
At some point he started a new car fund in a shoe box in his closet and also in the change drawer in the dash. The last time he sat in his seat and stared out the window he said, "We need a new car! This car is old and dirty!!"
me: "Cooper, cars cost alot of money."
Cooper: "I HAVE lots of money for a new car!"
me: "Cooper we need more money than that. "
Cooper: "I know where we can get alot of money!!(super excited now..)
me: "where?"
Cooper: "The bank!!"
me: "Um...that's actually true."

8 comments:

The Brown Life said...

Just tell Cooper that a new car is only new for a day! Then it is an OLD car that you have to pay for, for the next five years.

K Bailey said...

Ha ha! One day Bergen told me mom and dad always have money so he and Syd were going to the bank to get their own money! Ha! Did you get my email about this weekend?

jakeanddeana said...

I love Cooper -- that is awesome -- Good for him on saving for a new car -- Glad you were brave enough to come to AZ! I wish you didn't live so far away!

TheSweetMom said...

Sounds like a funny kid:)

Amy said...

No way, What a clever kid. Goo gone will get the stickers off. Eliza has put stickers on my car windows before. Gotta love kids and their destruction powers.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
n/a said...

bring Cooper to visit me, he and I can go car shopping...:)

James & Tara Huish said...

I'm so glad to know that someone's car looks awful too:) I bet ours would beat yours anyday! You can also mention to him that his friend Gene drives in a car MUCH older than his:)

You got to go home again?? But not without a price of driving eh? Good for you, you ambitious thing!! Miss you!

Tara