Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sushimi.....

Drew and I got to go out on Friday with our friend's Trina and Darrell. Trina ordered Sushimi and she and Drew were the only brave ones. Looks real good hu?Trina's dad went on a mission to Japan, so Trina was basically raised in the Japanese way. Thats why her dogs were named Cojo and cocoachan. Or something like that. Oh and look how straight and perfect Trina's teeth are. Lucky.

We had a tiny little party after church today for my mom and my Cooper who doesnt turn three until the 15th, but today was most convenient. So I am like the anti-blogger blogger. Every person whp blogs has beautiful pictures of the amazing crafts they do, the parties they throw and the beautiful cake they make for their children's birthday. Well here is the beautiful cake I made. I started to make the frosting and ran out of powdered sugar, so after looking around in my parent's pantry, the only thing I could find was chocolate milk powder so I used that. And coconut. Delish. Then I stuck his toy story figurines on top and found some candles lying around (I forgot cake candles) and stuck it in the fridge. When I took it out the figurines had all slid off the cake because the frosting was more like lava or something. Honestly, this poor child.
"This is the ugliest cake I have ever seen!"
Posted by PicasaI am planning on having another party for him in OK though, so I AM planning to redeem myself. This is really so embarrasing! But SOOO FUNNY! I may just be giddy because it is late.

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love the cake! That is exactly what would happen to me too! I am not the craftiest person in the world either. We need to get together. I will call you this week.

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

Lauren- you are Great! I love reading your posts! That is awesome you got to spend time in AZ with the Husband. I am just hanging out at the parents house for the rest of the week trying to enjoy the sun too!! Oh- and I love the braces! Isn't that what every dental student/wife has to do? Be the Guinea Pigs?? Have Fun!

Trina said...

What a lovely photo to show the world! And my teeth are not very good so I am embarrased. Ok. I think the cake thing is way over rated. Do they really need a cake?
On Darrels first birthday that we were married I tried to make a cake but the whole thing fell over. Sad:( Happy Birthday Cooper!!!

Unknown said...

K- I Love this post! And I love your cake. It is way more fun to look back on this memory then if it was a perfect cake!
Oh... and I have your pictures done!!! I am so excited to give them to you. But, I lost your number and your email. Pretty much this is the only way to contact you; so I hope you check your blog regularly! :) Call me and we'll meet up.

jakeanddeana said...

I love your cake! It will be one you will remember for a very long time -- I burnt the first cake I made for Jake's birthday, and I remember how devastated I was and every time I bake a cake I remember, you should have come and robbed some powdered sugar or frosting from me though -- we will have to take Cooperkid out when you guys get back -- maybe when you are crazy busy getting the open house ready -- or maybe we will just have to take you too, could be lot's of fun! Hope Colorado is fun!

Leah Martineau said...

I love it! Seriously I always say who cares what it looks like, as long as it taste good right. I'm a terrible cook so anything I try never turns out right. Ryker loves Buzz to so I think that alone would have impressed him. Are you still in AZ?

Kirstyn said...

I love it Laure! That is too funny. Atleast you tried:)